Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT binaries and CPU specific versions

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 22:33:47 , Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no> wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-07-14 at 19:04 +0000, Peter Slegg wrote:
>
> > I also think that the distribution folder structure should be the same or
> > similar to the installation so that it can be dragged and dropped without having
> > to look for things in various folders.
> >
> > That may mean the actual installation should be re-organised a bit too.
> > eg. xdd, xfs in a c:\mint\....\dev folder for instance.
>
> I agree with Peter. When you build MiNT for e.g. 060, you should end up
> with a directory tree that can just be copied to the boot-drive. Also,
> it should not include anything else than files that are intended to be
> used on that particular architecture.
>
> Then split all the tools into a separate sourcetree, and distribute them
> separately (e.g. "minttools-trunk-20072011.zip").
>
> Finally, distribute all archives as zips as well. tar and bzip are fine,
> but not handy if you install MiNT from TOS.
>
> Jo Even

If the file structure of the distributions is going to change I won't
tinker with this (attached) script for a while.

It does build a folder in /tmp that can be used to install from.
Ideally I would have liked it to only copy the same drivers that
are all ready installed but I never got that far.

For the cpu versions just pass it the name of the archive. For the
Milan you need to pass mil40 or mil60 as well.

Regards,

Peter