Re: [MiNT] New Gentoo Packages

On 07/05/11 22:52, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
> On Jul 5, 2011, at 3:22 PM, Alan Hourihane wrote:
>> It's a completely separate install.
>> The files listed currently on the gentoo site are pure 68000.
>> I have a pure 68060 and coldfire gentoo environment too, but they're a
>> little behind on the builds.
>> Alan.
> Okay, just to clarify here (and I apologize for not keeping up) is this
> actually "do-able" on a stock 68000 ST, when you say "pure 68000",
> or does it sill require a higher end machine to function correctly?

Depends what you mean by do-able. A stock 68000 with 4MB is still
pushing it, but a 68000 with 14MB of RAM works, and could be useful for
some of the smaller tools.

Typically I've stayed with the 68000 target because it's the most well
tested with GCC on our platform, and to get things off the ground, but
it also has the benefit of working on a wide range of hardware to get
better testing.

I'd certainly like to make my 68060 version more mature, and other
targets as I get time.

Alan.