Re: [MiNT] curl SpareMiNT packages

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 17:50:09 , m0n0 <ole@monochrom.net> wrote:

>  Am Sonntag, den 28.08.2011, 17:33 +0200 schrieb Adam K?obukowski
>  <adamklobukowski@gmail.com>:
>
> > After a long trial&error, I'm able to present new SpareMiNT package:
> > curl.
>
>  Great that you provide RPM's - but I'm sorry to tell....: I already
>  have build that one a few month ago. Some version by me is also
>  available at the official curl page.
>
>  The other one can be found here:
>  http://freeshell.de/~monokrom/geeklog/article.php?story=20110220001103845
>  (it includes also libs for the different architectures)
>
> > I uploaded them into incoming on SpareMiNT ftp.
>
>  Did you include SSL support, if so - which version? Mine version uses
>  OpenSSL 0.98 ( version 1.0 seems to slow down speed alot).
>
> > Thanks for all the help, more to follow soon :)
>
>  Please let's do not make the same things twice - let's talk about the
>  software we are packaging :)
>
>  Greets,

Why didn't these go into the Sparemint incoming ?

Is there some way we can put a file(s) into the incoming folder so people
can announce they are working on an rpm to prevent duplcated effort ?

I suspect there are a lot of rpm out there that people have finished and
hidden away on their own webpages that most of us aren't aware of.

Regards,

Peter