Re: [MiNT] SLB broken ?

2011/8/8 Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@freesbee.fr>:
> Helmut Karlowski wrote:
>>
>> from an older posting:
>
> I don't see anything related to my earlier findings.
>
> I only see that in FreeMiNT's sys/slb.c, line 229:
> http://www.atariforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/freemint/sys/slb.c?rev=1.35&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
>
>        /* Test for the new program format */
>        exec_longs = (long *) b->p_tbase;
>        if (exec_longs[0] == 0x283a001aL && exec_longs[1] == 0x4efb48faL)
>
> That signature has changed with SLB files built with
> binutils-2.18-mint-20080209 and later, so the code can't work as expected. I
> don't know if this is a big problem.
>
> I could provide a patch for this specific problem, but I would like to test
> myself.
>
> --
> Vincent Rivière

Funny this should come up now, as i read the calls in
mint/docs/programming/man/man2 and have had issues with AniPlay
where the mint path scripts came from)

This morning I finished a script (chkslb.sh) that is specifically
designed to test SLB. it can do the following:
1) load every SLB in the path help in $SLBPATH (DOS/TOS format, in mint.cnf)
2) load every _filename_.slb in $SLBPATH
3) load a "C:\path\to\filename.slb" (not in $SLBPATH)

if a specific filename is given, an optional version to check against
can also be given

It only needs a binary loader, that calls Slbopen(), then Slbclose(),
outputing the version of slb, false/0 or true/1 (for version check)
appropriate for console (ascii), and takes the following format.
slbverfy.ttp filename.slb ver

If someone already has the required code, they should post it, and I
will build an app/tool (I am testing AHCC).

Other than that, Vincent, you will have to wait until I figure it
out.. (unless someone already has a binary to do it - in which case
the script can be modified)

I provide the script here, just in case someone already has a tool (it
only needs minor edit, ie uses echo atm). It uses SED to parse the
contents of $SLBPATH, atm uses the same algorithm as "path2env.sh" &
"path2mnx.sh".

Paul