Re: [MiNT] Searchable mailing list archive on Gmane?

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 8:07 AM, Thomas Jürges <thomas@senmut.net> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> would anybody object to having the mailing list archived on Gmane
> [http://gmane.org/about.php]?  This would allow readers to search through
> all mailing list messages for keywords or interesting subjects or posters.
>  Another benefit would be that people could use Gmane as their back up NNTP
> server.  If nobody objects, I propose that we (I?) submit it to this page
> [http://gmane.org/subscribe.php].
>
> Cheers,
>        T.

I like the idea of searchable (and bonus backup NNTP)..

what about the other lists used by mint-list members

the is no reason we could not run our own search that could include
multiple lists (any lists atari-related).. one that could also handle
the file attachments.. (in various ways, including catalog)

one of the most useful would be for freemint-cvs commit list (from a
programmers point of view).. or list of .zip/.sh attachments from
mint-list for users..

something like:
http://search.sparemint.org/

I have no problem handing over (or creating/managing) code for:
http://toshyp.isource.net.nz/ (tos-hyp search with #linking using
modified sphider-1.3.4)
http://paulwratt.110mb.com/atarist/mint/sparemint/packages/ (RPM &
SRPM search - broken server)