Re: [MiNT] Background

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 08:09:40 , "J. F. Lemaire" <jflemaire@skynet.be> wrote:
> On 21 September 2011 23:13, Peter Slegg <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 18:44:20 , "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut.karlowski@ish.d
> e> wrote:
>
> >> And for Peter repeating his complaints about a simple bug that was gone
> >> before he started this thread, this completely disqualifies him for me
> >> to test the daily builds.
>
> > Are you now saying that this is a bug ?
>
> Of course it was a bug. Why don't you believe it? Current builds no
> longer do that. They won't change your background by default. What
> else could you ask for?

Are you just trying to wind me up ?!  ;-)

I reported a problem and everyone has been saying that it is
working how it is supposed to. Hence my surprise and confusion.
I couldn't believe that it was intentional to make change the
Thing screen background.

> > No-one has reported it on the list apart from me complaining that it shou
> ldn't
> > turn my desktop yellow. Everyone has been saying that it is supposed to
> > do that.
>
> No, everyone has been saying that the AES redraws the background
> window, not the desktop. Noone has said that the AES is supposed to
> redraw your desktop yellow.
>
> > There been no talk of a fix either, so how are we to know ? Maybe some
> > mails aren't getting through here ?
>
> I've written quite clearly yesterdeay or the day before how it
> properly works now.

Nobody said that there was a bug in that daily build. That is
what usually happens and then I avoid the builds for a few days.

> > If it was a bug fine. If I try another daily build will I see my normal
> > Thing background ?
>
> Normally, yes (unless you have modified the config somehow).
>
> Cheers,
> JFL

Cheers,

Peter