Re: [MiNT] Current Trunk

Mark Duckworth wrote:

> Kernel modules and xaaes were all replaced. =20
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Sep 15, 2011, at 3:30 AM, Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 05:54:07 +0200, Mark Duckworth <mduckworth@atari-sourc=
> e.org> wrote:
> >=20
> >> When the kernel is the only thing replaced the system locks solid, that i=
> s the suspected source of the issue, not the login program.  It locks at dif=
> ferent places but basically shortly after boot.  I'm doing some more debuggi=
> ng to figure out what's going on though.

What login do you use? The one I had did not work with 1.17 nor 1.18.

I always got:

login: LOGIN root REFUSED ON TTY dev??

After that no login:-prompt was visible, they all came after ^D (quit login).

Then I downloaded the cygwin-login-source, and compiled it for MiNT, which works without problems.

Still syslogd makes trouble.

Is there a current login-program for MiNT available?

-Helmut