Re: [MiNT] Background

On Monday 19 Sep 2011 19:41:07 Peter Slegg wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 19:04:57 , "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut.karlowski@ish.de>
wrote:

> > > This is not how it works. The AES draws the desktop. Period. The

> How it works is irrelevant. Users don't care about the inplementation.
> They DO care that their desktops are broken.

What Jo Even is saying is that GEM has been working like this for 25 years.
It's the way it was designed, as far as I know.

> The aes shouldn't even have it's own menu and desktop screen, that has
> always been a strange feature that should be removed.

What do you propose? If the AES is run without a desktop, or the desktop
crashes, you need some way to recover. However, I agree that the current
implementation is less than perfect, with the entry "XaAES xxx Release" under
that weird "Clients" non-standard sub-menu, amid the accessories, and the way
the AES is considered as an application when keyboard-switching apps, among
other annoying details.

Cheers,
JFL
--