Re: [MiNT] Background - How ?

On Wednesday 28 Sep 2011 19:32:09 Helmut Karlowski wrote:

> > Speaking of the backgound image, the attached screenshot shows what
> > happens= =20
> > for me with Thing, but only after a reboot (or restart of Thing). No
> > such=20 issue with TeraDesk.
>
> You mean you reboot MiNT and see this? Really hard to believe.
> Is there a difference betwwen Cold and Hard-Boot?

No need to reboot MiNT. Quitting Thing and re-running it results in the same.

> Or you quit thing (^Q) and start it again and see this?

That's it. Obviously, rebooting does the same, since Thing is re-started. But
to be clear: When no background image is active and Thing is running, applying
a background works perfectly. No redraw issues and such. But if I quit Thing
and restart it, I find what the screenshot shows.

> It seems thing is corrupted, does it work without background-image?

Sure, no problem.

> There are obviously issues with CTPCI (surprise!), maybe some bug-fixes in
> XaAES improve it, maybe the CTPCI is somehow buggy. I'm currently trying
> to find something using Lars ;)
>
> You do use CTPCI, don't you? You might post a bootlog.

Yep, CTPCI+Radeon. I'll post a bootlog when I have more time.

Cheers,
JFL
--
Jean-François Lemaire