Re: [MiNT] XaAES: background,was:Chaos in gradients

Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

> On Fri, 02 Sep 2011 09:12:17 +0200, Helmut Karlowski
> <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:
>
> > Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

> >> any
> >> know
> >>
> >> If Teradesk use the VDI to draw the background, then it must do this by
> >> using a userdef in the desktop object tree. So if the AES doesn't draw
> >
> > No. I guess it just calls vbar(screensz) or similar.
>
> How? Teradesk - like all apps - doesn't know anything about the desktop.
> The desktop object is drawn by the AES. If Teradesk does something nasty
> here then it should be fixed.

It's not nasty. Consider the root-window as any other window. The AES-app can call any vdi-call it needs inside that window.

The desktop-background is not in teradesks rsc-file unlike the XaAES-background, so XaAES actually uses the AES (itself) to draw the background.

-Helmut