Re: [MiNT] XaAES: background,was:Chaos in gradients

 Le 02/09/2011 10:25, Jo Even Skarstein a écrit :
On Fri, 02 Sep 2011 09:12:17 +0200, Helmut Karlowski <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:

Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

On Thu, 2011-09-01 at 22:41 +0200, Helmut Karlowski wrote:

> It would be quite easy if the desktop would not draw a background of any > kind, e.g. teradesk uses the VDI to draw a background-bar. I don't know
> how to avoid this.

If Teradesk use the VDI to draw the background, then it must do this by
using a userdef in the desktop object tree. So if the AES doesn't draw

No. I guess it just calls vbar(screensz) or similar.

How? Teradesk - like all apps - doesn't know anything about the desktop. The desktop object is drawn by the AES. If Teradesk does something nasty here then it should be fixed.

You have true, objects desktop are draw by AES.
As I know Teradesk is fully compatible with a background manage by the AES, I use it for some years now in MyAES. The only restriction is Teradesk have add userdef on object 0 of the desktop object tree, it is better for AES not force background with this sort of desktop object because there is some incompatibility with application such as Jinnee that redraw icone name with object 0. In Teradesk case there is two solutions:
- change background for color 0 and pattern 0, save and relaunch Teradesk
- force to not redraw the object 0, in Teradesk case userdef is not usefull, it was add by the author to be able to redraw its simple background rather a beautifull picture under MyAES!

Olivier

Jo Even