Re: [MiNT] XaAES: background,was:Chaos in gradients

m0n0 wrote:

>  Am Freitag, den 02.09.2011, 10:37 +0200 schrieb Helmut Karlowski
>  <helmut.karlowski@ish.de>:
>
> > The desktop-background is not in teradesks rsc-file unlike the
> > XaAES-background, so XaAES actually uses the AES (itself) to draw the
> > background.
>
>  I still don't understand why the Icons would be hidden when TeraDesk
>  does not draw any background... Can you explain this?

AES->desktop: redraw root-window
desktop: v_bar(root-window-size)..., ->AES:d_icon...

I can catch the d_icon but not the v_bar. I can hide the complete desktop-background or the desktop hides mine.

Only way would be to draw the icons from the hidden desktop-window above mine, but that is a kludge.

If the desktop would only draw icons which would be above the root-window from XaAES (or some other app) it would be easy.

-Helmut