Re: [MiNT] Background

> I'd appreciate to have something like an "force_wallpaper =
> /path/filename.img" in xaaes.cnf
> If that setting is commented out, empty or not existant, the desktop has
> control about background object as usual.
>
> To be able to change that wallpaper on the fly using hotkeys is good.
>
> Can't this be possible for XaAES? If our Desktops get fixed for displaying
> nice truecolor wallpapers themselves,
> one can simply disable the wallpaper override by commenting it.

Actually, the way it works now (trunk from the 17th) is pretty good
and even simpler than what you suggest. By default, the AES does not
override any background image your desktop of choice is configured to
display. It will do so only if you ask for it. Apart from a few redraw
issues that I'm sure will be corrected in time (I'll report them
later), the only real drawback to the current implementation is you
can't place a picture in a folder that XaAES will pick up. You need to
take a screenshot of the fullscreen image you want as background. Once
this is done, it really looks like a well-implemented feature.

Cheers,
JFL
--
Jean-François Lemaire