Re: [MiNT] XaAES bubble-help (Was: Re: Samba)

On Sat, 2011-11-05 at 20:29 +0100, Helmut Karlowski wrote:

> Of course it's not. But is there a better way?

Maybe it's better to check the AES "process name" instead of the display
name. This will always be 8 characters so it's easier to ensure an
absolute match.

> I've now changed this into:
>
> if( cfg.xa_bubble && !stricmp( "  BUBBLE  ", client->name ) )
>
> Maybe it works a little better. Just was too lazy to count the blanks ..

I don't think this will work at all. The display-name of BubbleGEM is "
BUBBLE", not "  BUBBLE  ".

> > What is the purpose of this test anyway?
>
> You can run and terminate bubble to switch between both.

BubbleGEM is a program I'm very happy to see replaced. It tends to lock
my Milan up solid. So if there's a working replacement, the use of
BubbleGEM should be discouraged.

Jo Even