Re: [MiNT] Shutdown

On Sun, 2011-11-06 at 10:34 +0100, Helmut Karlowski wrote:

> > And what if the user does not run Toswin2? My Linux boxes do not display
> > such
> > messages when they are shutting down.
>
> Once the shutdown is 100% stable in any variant on any system they will be
> removed (so: never).

There is no such thing as a stable and fool-proof system, so those
message are probably there to stay ;)

I think the best suggestion in this thread is to simply clear the screen
once the AES is ready to shut down. Clean and simple. Maybe add an
option in xaaes.cnf to specify which device to print to, those who don't
want to see them can just output to /dev/null.

Jo Even