Re: [MiNT] Network tools

Am Montag, den 16.01.2012, 22:38 +0100 schrieb Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>:

But you can't configure wireless with our current ifconfig and, from those links above,

That's not because of ifconfig, but because of the lack of drivers.

I believe ifconfig needs to know about wireless, at least the linux tools need that afaik. ( for configuration of that device, like encryption, of course that is only needed if these
  things are not handled within the driver, but done by common code ) .

the tools could need an update to handle IPv6 addresses ;)

Since our tools are 10 years old it is probably worth re-doing them in any case.

The tools are fine and does what's expected of them.

Right, I think there are more important things to do. If we are talking about interesting things:
What about  driver for USB serial line profile?
With that we could attach USB devices which communicate
via an emulated serial port... like Mobile phone modems ("every" mobile phone supports Internet acces across such an profile... except IPhone). Maybe also bluetooth devices are accesible through such an
driver - just an idea, dunno about it.

Greets,