Re: [MiNT] XaAES doesn't deliver button events with evnt_multi()

Hi,

On maanantai 10 syyskuu 2012, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
> > If yes, please tell how to do that (preferably in AHCC) and/or point to
> > docs about it which tells e.g. with which AES versions that works...
> > :-)
>
> There is and hopefully never will be a software-interface to switch the
> menu on/off.

Why?  AFAIK Windows, OSX and Linux all support fullscreen windows, and
switching away from them (with the task switcher or its keyboard shortcuts).

Basically it's just switching off window decorations and system panels/menus
while still retaining a way for user to switch away from such an app with
keyboard.  And of course the system should redraw its screen after
the fullscreen app exits.

> There are various apps that use fullscreen (anyplayer, zview) without
> problems, so it's possible.

I haven't really used either, but I tried now Aniplayer.

In Aranym AFROS Aniplayer, the fullscreen option was called "without GEM".
And it didn't seem to react to mouse presses (but the invisible desktop
below seems to have had), just keys.

I could ignore XaAES completely, write directly to the screen address and
install my own IKBD handler, but I've already done that in another game
and I was more of interested in GEM friendly & resolution independent way
to get fullscreen windows with which user can interact without gotchas...
:-)

	- Eero