Re: [MiNT] XaAES doesn't deliver button events with evnt_multi()

Eero Tamminen, 10.09.2012 22:39:54:

Hi,

On maanantai 10 syyskuu 2012, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
Eero Tamminen, 10.09.2012 21:47:54:
> On keskiviikko 05 syyskuu 2012, Ole wrote:
>>  So I would try to create an window, show it on the whole screen and
>>  try to receive global mouse button events then.
>
> That works, but the problem is then that if user moves
> the (disable) mouse cursor to the place where menubar
> would be:
>
> * Window stops receiving button events until the invisible
>   mouse is moved again to the window area
>
> * Menubar becomes visible if user does a click on top of
>   it with the disable mouse

I have not followed this thread, so maybe it's nonsense - you can switch
the menu off in XaAES as well as in MyAES and your window would cover the
whole screen, and receive everything.

Will the desktop menubar be then be also redrawn when the program exits
(which was the other problem for fullscreen apps)?

When you switch it on - sure ;-)

If yes, please tell how to do that (preferably in AHCC) and/or point to
docs about it which tells e.g. with which AES versions that works... :-)

There is and hopefully never will be a software-interface to switch the menu on/off.

There are various apps that use fullscreen (anyplayer, zview) without problems, so it's possible.

--
Helmut Karlowski