Re: [MiNT] XaAES doesn't deliver button events with evnt_multi()

Hi,

On tiistai 11 syyskuu 2012, J. F. Lemaire wrote:
> >> There are various apps that use fullscreen (anyplayer, zview) without
> >> problems, so it's possible.
> >
> > I haven't really used either, but I tried now Aniplayer.
>
> As Helmut suggested, zView is able to display images in fullscreen.
> The source code is availble, I would suggest that you have a look at
> them.

That seems to be done with GEM, but its source doesn't
seem to handle mouse button events in fullscreen either:
http://z-tools.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/z-
tools/trunk/zview/full_scr.c?revision=49&view=markup

And it has exactly the same problem as my code, if you move
the (invisible) mouse to the top of the screen and click
there, the menubar items and even some elements from
the underlying window become visible etc.

Some observations on the code, it:
* seems to use VDI mouse on/off calls instead of AES ones
  (which somebody earlier commented not to be good with multi-AES)
* calls menu_bar() to show the menu when exiting fullscreen,
  nowhere else in the code.  Maybe WINDOM shows the menu in
  the beginning
* uselessly sets perimeter off for vr_recf() although that
  never draws perimeter according to my VDI docs

The latest binary version for Sourceforge also bus errors
if fVDI isn't installed.  It would be nice if it would
give a warning instead.

Are there any better examples on how to properly do fullscreen
with multitasking AES / XaAES?

	- Eero