Re: [MiNT] Official Atari console app terminal standard?

Hi,

On sunnuntai 30 syyskuu 2012, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-09-30 at 00:09 +0300, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> > Programs supporting vt100 should nowadays be something
> > using ncurses/termcap, not hardcoding the support.
> > I.e. they'll work on vt52 terminal as long as you have
> > termcap/terminfo entry for vt52 (in /usr/share/... or
> > ~/.terminfo/).
>
> "I normally code with plain TOS in mind..."

The point was that termcap/(n)curses (unix) programs
can work in a VT52 environment.  I.e. I don't see a
problem in hardcoding VT52 for TOS as other (unixy)
terminal programs should be able to handle VT52.

(It would be nice if Conholio would have specific setting
for it though.)

As to where these files would be under normal TOS,
the location of home can defined with the HOME
environment variable, even under TOS. :-)

TERMCAP entry is also possible to give through environment.
For an example, see apps/termtype.h in:
	http://koti.mbnet.fi/tammat/src/wws_1.4.5.tar.gz

	- Eero

PS. Here's a recent Linux article which comments list
several libraries for writing terminal emulators:
	http://lwn.net/Articles/517818/