Re: [MiNT] update:WRITE_BOOT,ALLOW_TRP_CHG

Peter Persson, 04.10.2012 13:09:05:

Personally, I think it would be great if ALLOW_TRP_CHG just did what

Currently all Setexc are blocked. Of course it can be changed, but only if there is another reason to do so.

it sounds ilke - permit/reject access to trap vectors. Don't know if
it should take the VBR into consideration; probably not since it would

VBL?

Let's say you wish to install a new VDI or extend the XBIOS, or even

Do it before XaAES, or before MiNT!

have access to make/break keyboard data (needed to detect multiple
simultaneous keypresses, which is a complete must if you want to play

I also think it would be nice to have this. Maybe the kernel could offer it? But that's another area.

games or emulators). These things aren't possible without adding

Serious games??? :-)

entries to the trap vector chains. XBRA exists for a reason :)

I wouldn't mind if there was an easy to use mechanism for this though,
one that could be cleaned up if the application crashes or for some
other reason gets killed.

Guess it's not so easy, don't know if the XBRA-chain offers enough information to identify the owner of an address, but go ahead, I'm no expert on this ;)

I know Odd Skancke had some ideas for make/break keyboard codes
through evnt_mult()/evnt_keyboard(), but it was never implemented. So
right now, the only way to achieve that is to do something nasty.

Suggestions welcome!

--
Helmut Karlowski