Re: [MiNT] WM_REDRAW

Am Dienstag, den 27.11.2012, 07:12 +0100 schrieb OL <o.l@lutece.net>:

In MyAES case, I send message for each rectangles to redraw of a
windows but it's possible this is not need I think send the full
window is enough and finally more efficient, I will look at this.

Well, it only makes sense to merge areas which intersect, sending full window isn't a good optimization.... Of course it depends on the application...
but with netsurf I keep a list of redraw areas, because it's faster to
redraw several small area instead of one large... but on the other hand
it's not fine to send WM_REDRAW for each small area... ( at least not when there is no optimization after the WM_REDRAW has been sent...) - that's why
I manage an internal list of areas which require redraw.

If the AES would optimize the scheduled redraw areas, I would maybe change
that behavior...

Greets,
Ole