Re: [MiNT] WM_REDRAW

Hello,
Am Dienstag, den 27.11.2012, 09:12 +0100 schrieb "J. F. Lemaire" <jflemaire@skynet.be>:

I'm not sure I understood what you wanted. You're talking about
auto-sent WM_REDRAW messages, right?

Nope, probaly the opposite. Of course I also care about aut-sent messages, but I was mostly thinking about sending WM_REDRAWS to my own application because maybe the AES can handle the list of redraw areas better than I do with my internal list
(read the previous answer to OL).

Netsurf requests redraws via callback... currently I add them to an internal list and process
the redraw when the event loop has no more events to process.
But maybe it would be better to send an WM_REDRAW... at least that would make the event loop more "standard". But I only would do that when every AES is ready to handle a bunch of WM_REDRAW'S in an optimized fashion. I don't want to get 2Messages for 2 overlapping regions.... because each redraw results in an wind_get(WF_FIRSRXYWH...) while{ wind_get(WF_NEXTXYWH) ... }
Really I not understand your problem, if you need update an area, of course you not need send WM_REDRAW to yourself this a lost of time, AES not do anything of it it will just transfer the message to yourself, now in past I use it because sometime the source code start to be a little bit complicated and send a message is a good way to simplify it. You need on only use wind_get(WF_FIRSTXYWH or WF_NEXTXYWH) or better wind_get(WF_FIRSTAREAXYWH or WF_NEXTXYWH)

Olivier

You're trying to figure out the
best way to force a redraw of your application's work area in the most
efficient way?

right ;)

Greets,
Ole