Re: [MiNT] Bug: xa_boot.log has unix line-endings

Vincent Rivière, 23.11.2012 13:47:33:

Generated text files should use the line ending specified by the UNIXMODE environment variable (and I hope it is CR/LF by default, for TOS compatibility).

But indeed the scenario you describe is problematic. Maybe xa_boot.log could be an exception to the rule, always written in CR/LF format.

I don't want xa_boot.log to be in CRLF-mode, because I use unix-tools that scan it to locate exceptions. And for TOS-compatibility: The TOS-editor qed has no problem with LF-mode, only notepad stumbles, in fact it's the only one with this problem I know. And notepad is not a TOS-program.

--

Helmut Karlowski