Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT 1.18 release

On 12/04/12 11:39, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
Alan Hourihane, 04.12.2012 12:23:21:

On 12/04/12 10:55, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
Alan Hourihane, 04.12.2012 11:44:30:

There is also a bug in ext2-fs: Creating a directory with a very long name (~200 bytes) is possible, but not to delete it. I found a quick fix but no real solution for this yet.

I should be able to test that here.

Run the attached script (2x).

I could look up my fix but I guess it's quite hack, just enough to get rid of it.

This looks like it's just the PATH_MAX definition in sys/mint/config.h. It's currently 128. I think it should be 255 at least.

Why is PATH_MAX not applied to mkdir? I forgot the details, sorry.

From the changelog, PATH_MAX was being removed in as many places as possible.

But for mkdir, we never need to check the size as we're creating the filename. Whereas deletion requires the lookup of the inode with path2cookie which requires PATH_MAX variable.

As realistically, the kernel itself shouldn't impose limits. It's only the filesystem itself which has the limits.

Alan.