Re: [MiNT] Bug 194: open("/") fails

On 12/28/12 14:51, Vincent Rivière wrote:
Hello.

I usually create tar binary archives for software packages from /. In order to unpack them to the right place, one just has to unpack them from /, too. tar has a handy -C option which mimics a change directory before unpacking. Thus, the following command line is supposed to do the right thing in order to unpack a binary package:

tar -C / -xvf foo.tar

Unfortunately, with FreeMiNT, it fails like this:

tar: /: Cannot open: No such file or directory

However, it works fine with any other directory. The bug only happens with "-C /".

I tracked that down to the MiNTLib:
open("/", O_DIRECTORY, 0);

I have filed a bug for that issue, including a testcase:
http://sparemint.atariforge.net/bugtracker/view.php?id=194

NB: Maybe the kernel is also in cause, I don't know.

Hi Vincent,

Sorry for the delay, but all the festivities are taking priority.

Anyway, I've taken a quick look and yes, it's the kernel that's the problem here.

I'll fix this.

Alan.