Re: [MiNT] Release TODO list

Hi,

On lauantai 19 tammikuu 2013, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
> Vincent Rivière, 19.01.2013 13:25:15:
> > On 19/01/2013 11:40, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> >> * XaAES: Force the initial menu bar to the desktop one (and not
> >> randomly TosWin2)
> >> ------
> >>
> >> As I use command line a lot, I actually *want* TosWin2 to be
> >> "on top" after boot... :-)
> >
> > The idea was to get rid of random behavior, so the user can freely
> > configure what he likes. Always defaulting to the desktop menu bar
> > would be a first step to determinism.
>
> I'm afraid there has to be some additional code for this. I guess the
> clients launched by xaaes.cnf run concurrently and the one that opens the
> last window will have the menu. In this case I don't know how to do this
> yet, and the behaviour is not reproducible.

If one assumes that each of these processes either exits or calls evnt_*
function, it would be possible to serialize them, by launching next one
only after previus one has died or asked for AES input.

A crude way to solve the problem would be to provide keyword for sleeping.
Adding large enough sleep before the last application start up would make
sure it comes up last.  What is "large enough" would be specific to each
setup and what is being launched before.

	- Eero