Re: [MiNT] Changed behaviour in window menu selections

On Tuesday 08 January 2013 23:20:10 Helmut Karlowski wrote:
> Jean-François Lemaire, 08.01.2013 22:09:59:

> > that
> > displays two cosmetic glitches that hurt my eyes, one of them related to
> > the
> > window menubar. I've placed an object tree in RSM and then placed the
> > app that
> > uses it. Two thinks strike me:
> >
> > - the menubar seems to be 1 pixel too wide at each end. Particularly the
> > left
> > end, where it doesn't seem to be closed at all. This makes it look like
> > the
> > menubar was stuck above the rest of the tree.
> >
> > - the other thing is the way the root box seems shifted a couple of
> > pixels to
> > the right; the difference compared with the same box in RSM is striking.
> > Inspecting the boxes with WinLupe I noticed that XaAES adds 1 pixel on
> > the
> > left side, but /retracts/ 1 pixel on the right side. As a result, the
> > box has
> > the correct size in XaAES, only shifted 1 pixel to the right.
>
>  From your screenshot it looks like the menubar should be shifted 1 pixel
> to the right.

Yes, but then, if it does, it will be even wider at the right end. It looks
more like it should be cropped at both ends.

> But this was displayed by rsm, not XaAES, right?

The right view, of the clipboard manager running, with the menubar, is drawn
by XaAES. The large window just behind it is RSM displaying the object tree.
This screenshot was mostly meant to display the right shift of the whole root
box.

> In the fileselector for example the menu is too wide and shifted left, so
> it's similar.

I wouldn't say that it's shifted left; it's more like its shifted at both
sides, which means its too wide :-)

> Should the window-menubar have the same vertical bounds as the
> window-title?

Or the infoline. But right now, the menubar seems wider than the window bar,
which can't be right.

> There may be rounding-issues, also I'm not happy with the whole
> toolbar-size-calculation, don't know if this has an effect here too.
>
> Your other problem regarding the menubar-position: I can easily shift the
> titles left/right, but the menuboxes below would remain unchanged, so the
> they would not fit vertically to their titles (see screenshot - was not
> easy to make this ..).

This doesn't look right at all. I'd rather keep the whole menu tree shifted to
the right than some parts of it and others not.

> I guess they are not easier to correct than to notice them ;-)

Indeed...

Cheers,
JFL
--