Re: [MiNT] XaAES:first menu,was:Release TODO list

Helmut Karlowski, 19.01.2013 22:41:19:

Jo Even Skarstein, 19.01.2013 20:46:01:

On Sat, 2013-01-19 at 12:40 +0200, Eero Tamminen wrote:

As I use command line a lot, I actually *want* TosWin2 to be
"on top" after boot... :-)

Then autorun TosWin2 from the desktop. Problem solved :) I don't think
it's necessary to complicate this any further.

What would you do to force the desktop using the current version?

I've now added something to top the desktop in the XaAES-main-loop. It's experimental, but I could reproduce the issue with non-jit-aranym, and there it works, i.e. desktop gets topped now. In mmu-aranym toswin needs too long to open the login-window, and thus topping the desktop fails.

It will fail if one of the auto-launched clients needs very long before it installs it's menubar, but finally this might be configurable.

I want to add a config-variable to top a certain client (not necessarily the desktop).

Vincent, would you test this XaAES

http://home.arcor.de/zabruder/atari/system/xaaes040.km.gz

if it improves something for you (desktop should have first focus)?

--
Helmut Karlowski