Re: [MiNT] mkisofs problem

On 02/01/13 11:00, p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk wrote:
---- Original Message ----
From: Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk>
To: mint@lists.fishpool.fi
Sent: Fri, Feb 1, 2013, 8:37 AM
Subject: Re: [MiNT] mkisofs problem

On 01/31/13 23:24, Peter Slegg wrote:
Hi all,

I have been struggling with trying to burn a DVD with
CD-ISO. The problem is with mkisofs as you can see from
the attachment. Roger Burrows has been helping but it looks
like it is not a problem with CD Writer.

I tried in TOS and Mint 1-17 and it works ok, so it could
either be Mint or maybe something different between my
two set-ups. I will be doing more tests to see if I can
provide any more info.

I am using Mint 1-18 dated 29-Jan
Hi Peter, Have you updated all the xfs files too ?
I am fairly sure I did but I will double check when I get home.

But having said that, I'm not sure if it's mkisofs that's failing or
something else.
I am able to do a CD-Backup it's only the mkisofs functions that fail.

When I try to check the session size or try to start an ISO burn,
it doesn't even start to make the image.iso file.  I have tried setting
the host drive to different partitions and tried putting different files
into the session. All have the same error.

I reinstalled CD-ISO to make sure it hadn't been corrupted since I last used
it.  I have also recently swapped from to a larger HD and changed my partition
sizes so at first I suspected that but the test with TOS and 1.17 rules that
out.

Any chance of running mkisofs from the command line as it'd be good to
isolate which tool is causing the problem, as I don't have any idea
where that error is coming from as it's within the GUI.
I don't know, if mkisofs.prg can be run from the command line

I suspect mksiofs.prg is taking some command line arguments to build the actual .ISO file.

Working out what those are is required to reproduce elsewhere.

Alan.