Re: [MiNT] SV: [Atari-coldfire] FreeMiNT 1.18.0

On Fri, 2013-03-22 at 20:30 +0100, Pierre Ton-That wrote:

> I did check the order and reordered accordingly using Sboot. But it
> didn't work anymore, as it did before upgrade attempt. I hope MiNT does
> not manipulate program order itself.

Then it's really strange that it works when running from mint.cnf.

> I did use the xaaes.cnf from the original FireBee setup installation.
>
> This didn't work; I had to comment the "video" (1366*768*TC16) in
> xa_video.cnf in c:\mint\ to obtain the default screenmode 640*480. The
> "video" line does not work; always bad Hz or mode. Same as in the test
> in the screenmode selector util.

This is 100% FireTOS/XBIOS. XaAES has absolutely nothing to do with the
screenmodes. E.g. the test-image is generated by FireTOS with a single
XBIOS-call. It's really weird that changing to a different version of
MiNT/XaAES stops this from working.

Have you tried with GEM=ROM and then change resolution from the TOS
desktop? Does this work?

Jo Even