Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT 1.18.0 Release

Le 22/03/13 11:57, Vincent Rivière a écrit :
On 22/03/2013 09:55, Pierre Ton-That wrote:
The old MiNT (the one from the official FireBee setup) could tolerate a
launch of LDG.PRG in the AUTO folder.
Now it can be only launched with an exec line in the mint.cnf. Now,
MiNT hangs at some point if LDG.PRG is launched in the AUTO folder.

While the LDG-DEV development package is fully supported for ColdFire, the tools like LDG.PRG and LDG.CPX are not officially supported yet. AFAIK they need to be compiled using Pure C or similar, and no one worked on that yet.

There is probably something wrong inside those binaries, and it probably worked by chance, previously.

If I'm not wrong, LDG.PRG and LDG.CPX are optional tools?
From what I understood, everything should work fine without them. If you put the ColdFire .ldg files at the right place (I don't remember where), all the programs are supposed to work.

Yes, it worked by chance. I downgraded to the old MiNT and now, LDG.PRG in AUTO make MiNT hang in its startup... I need LDG.PRG to load the libraries (its cookie gives the ldg_open/close functions), it's the only way with programs written with GFA.

Since it's working using the exec command in mint.cnf: not a problem anymore. Just a bad waste of time and a bad night to find out.

Cheers,

Raj