Re: [MiNT] building Cgdb

Hi,

On lauantai 06 huhtikuu 2013, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> I thought to try building "cgdb", a ncurses UI for Gdb,
> as it needs just ncurses, readline, gcc & make:
> 	http://cgdb.github.com/
> PS. If somebody is interested to build "cgdb", I wrote a minimal
> Makefile for that, and set config.h defines to (hopefully)
> correct values for MiNTlib.
>
> Source code needed also some small changes to get it build with
> GCC 2.x and Readline stuff would need a real fix (code used some
> functions that didn't exist in Sparemint Readline which I've
> just commented out)

Readline part of the patch bad, replace this:
	+    key = 0; //rl_completion_mode(compare_func);
with:
	+    key = TAB; //rl_completion_mode(compare_func);

To get TAB completion working.

Note: Sparemint readline is 4.2, but Cgdb uses rl_completion_mode from
readline 4.3, and rl_completion_word_break_hook from readline 5.0
(released in 2004).

Maybe "somebody" could update Sparemint readline package to <10 years
old version?

(BSD version of libedit which might be smaller and therefore more suitable
for MiNT, but that got latter readline hook within last year only.)

> but at least the result is able to run Gdb...

It doesn't work properly though.  For some reason Gdb subprocess
exits when it gets into first breakpoint, and as result its
Cgdb parent exits.

> The necessary files are attached in case somebody's interested to
> continue with it, I don't myself have any additional use or interest
> in it.  The cgdb tarball I used is this:
> 	http://cgdb.me/files/cgdb-0.6.7.tar.gz

	- Eero