Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT 1.18.0 and monitor detection

Pierre Ton-That, 07.04.2013 01:02:09:

Le 07/04/13 00:36, Jo Even Skarstein a écrit :
On Sun, 2013-04-07 at 00:24 +0200, Pierre Ton-That wrote:
So it's coming from monitor detection in MiNT? I can set 1366*768 (and
There is no monitor detection in MiNT. It doesn't know anything about
this, this is a VDI/XBIOS feature and is provided by FireTOS.

 From what I see: there is.
If not, all seems there is one yet.

I tested with the same FireTOS: works with the old MiNT, can't set/test screenmodes with new MiNT. And it depends on the monitor.

Don't know much about FireTOS, but this looks to me like a bug somewhere either in MiNT or FireTOS that somehow messes up the VDI or something.

On my TT with NVDI-ET4000 I have to either open the physical workstation BEFORE MiNT or boot with GEM=ROM, so the TOS-desktop opens it, else it crashes. Maybe the cause is similar.

--
Helmut Karlowski