Re: [MiNT] Edge of the screen

On Sat, 06 Jul 2013 16:21:35 , "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:
> Peter Slegg, 05.07.2013 14:07:58:
>
> > 1. current size
> > 2. big enough for content
> > 3. maximised screen
> > 4. content to full screen
> >
> > How about making Ctrl-Alt-.  cycle through these and get rid
> > of Ctrl-Alt-Insert
>
> The maximum window-size is often limited by the client. Pretty sure
> toswin2 would crash if the terminal-window would be sized too big.

I just tried and toswin2 didn't crash. If it had done, it should be
fixed in the app rather than the OS or just avoid doing it like
other apps that have issues in Mint.

> You can
> type Ctrl-Alt-Cursor-up a few times to achieve maximum size. The
> "maximize"-widget (=Ctrl-Alt-Insert) is rather a "previous-size"-button.

I don't know if that would have worked when my window was off the edge
of the screen. I will test it.

Maybe some extra window position safeguards are needed to stop them going off
the edge ?

Regards,

Peter