Re: [MiNT] Edge of the screen

On Sat, 6 Jul 2013 15:07:38 , Peter Slegg <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Jul 2013 16:21:35 , "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:
> > Peter Slegg, 05.07.2013 14:07:58:
> >
> > > 1. current size
> > > 2. big enough for content
> > > 3. maximised screen
> > > 4. content to full screen
> > >
> > > How about making Ctrl-Alt-.  cycle through these and get rid
> > > of Ctrl-Alt-Insert
> >
> > The maximum window-size is often limited by the client. Pretty sure
> > toswin2 would crash if the terminal-window would be sized too big.
>
> I just tried and toswin2 didn't crash. If it had done, it should be
> fixed in the app rather than the OS or just avoid doing it like
> other apps that have issues in Mint.
>
> > You can
> > type Ctrl-Alt-Cursor-up a few times to achieve maximum size. The
> > "maximize"-widget (=Ctrl-Alt-Insert) is rather a "previous-size"-button.
> >
> I don't know if that would have worked when my window was off the edge
> of the screen. I will test it.
>
> Maybe some extra window position safeguards are needed to stop them going off
> the edge ?

Try this.

1. push a folder window as far to the right and down as you can
so that just the close widget is visible.

2. Ctrl-Alt-left makes the window narrower until it disappears.

3. Crl-Alt-right should make it wider again but the window never
reappears.

4. you can recover the window with Ctrl-Alt-Insert

Peter