Re: [MiNT] VBR not part of context switch?

2013/7/22 Adam Kłobukowski <adamklobukowski@gmail.com>
> How come the VBR isn't part of the context switch? (or is it? I get the
> impression it isn't, based on some simple test + reading the kernel
> sources).

It is supervisor register:
http://www.freescale.com/files/archives/doc/ref_manual/M68000PRM.pdf,
Table 1-1.

I know what it "is" - I'm still wondering why it isn't part of the context switch :) For example, the SR is also priviliged, and is still part of the context switch mechanism. Per-application-VBR can be useful when coding certain types of applications, even if they'd require switches to Supervisor (as is common with any Atari application) to manage it.

-- PeP