Re: [MiNT] Strange getcwd() return value

On Thu, 2013-10-24 at 23:25 +0200, Ole wrote:

>  I'm not mixing GEMDOS with mintlib calls - I'm mixing AES and MiNTLIB
>  calls!

But the AES doesn't use MiNTlib, does it? It does of course use the
GEMDOS calls. Maybe it would be a good thing if MiNTlib had a wrapper
for rsrc_load() to avoid this problem.

>  With your assumption a path like /usr/bin could never be used - but it
>  works every day!

Yes, because you're using MiNTlib which resolves this for you.

>  So there is more to this topic.... using a path like /usr/bin on the
>  console works fine!!

Yup. Because all your tools are linked with MiNTlib which does the
necessary translation before calling the underlying OS. Also, by default
the current drive is set to U:\. So "/usr/bin" would work even without
the MiNTlib translation. But when the desktop - well, most of them -
follows the GEMDOS convention and sets the current drive and directory
to the actual drive the application is started from when launching it,
breaking the "/ is root fs" assumption unless MiNTlib is being used.

>  Anyway, you spotted what was missing and opened my eyes for the
>  problem, thanks!

Your welcome :)

Jo Even