Re: [MiNT] Native GCC built

On 22/11/2013 03:50, Miro Kropáček wrote:
True, as there are official snapshots I'm not providing these.

So the daily snapshots should provide binary archives of the libs, ready to use for each environment.

Similarly, I provide the cross-libs in different formats for my cross-tools. They all contain the same thing, but they are packaged differently (Cygwin, Ubuntu...).

But if someone (esp. on FireBee) would like to get an "official"
binary release of libc/libm, I can send it over.

That would help for bootstrapping.

Nice initiative! I see you're using separate scripts for that,

For each packages, the build script are similar, but there are sometimes subtle or big differences. Projects using autoconf are usually easier to compile, but they are often buggy for cross-compilation. On other projects it is often a matter of changing CFLAGS, sometimes LDFLAGS... I often have to use sed to search/replace a few things for proper configuration. And this is the value of those scripts: a documentation of the hacks required to cross-compile the packages for MiNT.

In order to build the packages for the different architectures (multilibs), by laziness I copied/pasted the 68000 build script. But now I see that everytime, there are just 2 differences: the variable CPUFLAGS (where I put -m68020-60 or -mcpu=5475) and the name of the binary package (mint, mint020, mintv4e). There is room for factorization, for sure.

--
Vincent Rivière