Re: [MiNT] Problem with tar + u:/ram

On 24/11/2013 22:12, Miro Kropáček wrote:
Now I see. EasyMiNT uses the "original" (from 2003) version of 'tar' while
current Sparemint archive, Alan and you Vincent use the 1.2x version which
is broken.

Good remark.

> I wonder whether the original version is patched to automatically
include the 'h' option

Probably. Or something more clever, use a special case for symlinks only in the root directory. Or maybe symlinks were handled differently in unpatched old tar.

> (can't find the original 2003 version sources anywhere).

When the SpareMiNT packages are clean, the sources are in the source RPM.
See tar-1.23-4.src.rpm there (I didn't checked myself):
http://sparemint.atariforge.net/sparemint/html/packages/tar.html

--
Vincent Rivière