Re: [MiNT] Window with toolbar and redraw messages

Le 03/12/2013 21:29, Jo Even Skarstein a écrit :
On Tue, 2013-12-03 at 20:08 +0100, OL wrote:

In fact perhaps we should speak here of a problem of GEM object, they
are now old and nobody have add new object while it is is very easy to
add, the problem is that it need a new RSRC editor to easily use it.
Generally speaking it's not a problem to add new object types to RSC
editors like Interface or ResourceMaster, it's just a matter of adding
the new object type to the RSC editors' own RSC.

But of course, if the new object depends on a new/extended OBJECT
structure this won't work. And I don't think it will work if the new
object really is a new object type and not an extension of an already
existing one.

That said, we really need a new RSC editor. An RSC editor with direct
support for a proper GEM library that handles windowed dialogs, proper
text-fields, scroll-lists etc. A complete IDE where you actually have
link between the visual object and the code that handles it. Something
like what Microsoft came up with more than 20 years ago

Not far something I wrote 16 years old now for GEM I never realeased it but I have used it for all my small programs like Kronos! Unfortunately it was not an RSC editor, just a code generator based on RSC file.

Olivier

Jo Even