Re: [MiNT] Window with toolbar and redraw messages

Am Dienstag, den 03.12.2013, 09:43 +0100 schrieb Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>:

The AES does support such things in a clean and well-defined manner -
USERDEFs... There's nothing "dirty" about this.

Ther dirty thing is: the draw code is run in super() mode (...), + the stack is sometimes small. So it is dirty,... maybe not the concept, but the implementation sometimes is.

I really don't see why userdraw functions would require super() privileges, which also
introduces the stack problems.

So I just draw above the forms, because I can not afford to call my drawing routines within userdraw functions (except it is really simple graphic, but just expect an textarea which uses freetype
for font rendering... USERDEF isn't suitable for that).

Greets,
Ole