Re: [MiNT] Reading Atari formatted iomegaZIP discs under linux

Am Samstag, 22. März 2014, 18:16:59 schrieb Roger Burrows:
> On 22 Mar 2014 at 21:45, Edgar Aichinger wrote:
> >
> > Now, many years later, I would like to read out some of these zip media
> > contents... I found a Zip drive on a fleemarket for like 5 euros, but couldn't
> > get that to work either. Then I found another newer one that I can get to work
> > on my PC via USB, but it doesn't detect any of my disks. It does work with DOS
> > formatted disks though, so I wonder what goes on. The openSUSE kernel comes
> > with atari filesystem support, and my disks use VFAT or ext2. So my next guess
> > is that my problem is about endianness, but have no idea how to verify or even
> > resolve that.
> >
> Could it be a capacity incompatibility?  What capacity of ZIP disks do you
> have?  And what model of ZIP drive?

All are Zip100 disks and drives.

> Also, for clarification: the disks you are trying to read are either VFAT or
> ext2?  Were they created under MiNT?

Yes. Perhaps there is a disk with more than one partition, but most are either VFAT or ext2. Some VFAT ones may still have the filesystem they were delivered with, though.

I have to postpone this a few days due to work, but thanks for the answers so far.

Edgar