Re: [MiNT] Fix wrong size of outgoing packets in the FEC driver

Hi Ole,

with „overallocating“ I meant you allocate too much memory for the receive buffers (with 50 bytes in front and behind each packet) which is only necessary on the „send side“ where you need to reserve space for attaching the packet headers.

Am 04.09.2014 um 22:47 schrieb Ole Loots <ole@monochrom.net>:
> About the timeout function... so you want to do the reception right in
> the interrupt handler? I was thinking that this is no good idea:
> - Maybe it takes to long and keeps other interrupts from being
> processed.
> - Receiving data directly (same code, just placed directly inside the
> interrupt handler), resulted in system hang. There is also an comment in
> the source:
>
>    // when processing the frame directly, I get Access Faults and other
>    // strange stuff.  So this just triggers an timeout.
>    // Maybe the reason for the fault is nested interrupts? Dunno.

that’s (hang) is not the case anymore.

At least it wasn’t when I did my tests (I even tried different IPLs - no hangs). I _think_ I’ve seen less dropped packets because of DMA buffers shortage on fast transfers when doing the direct copy, however.

I didn’t mean to critizice your code - all of us are still learning something new, every day.