Re: [MiNT] Correct way of installing USB driver under Mint 1-19-cur

Hi Darren,

> Can somebody confirm exactly what steps I should follow in order to install
> David Galvez’s USB storage device driver under Mint 1-19-cur for EtherNAT
> please?  I took a guess, but it’s not quite working right as I cannot get
> any USB stick partitions to mount.
>
> With tracing on and redirecting console to file, I see the following:
> "Current date and time: Sat Dec 6 15:46:51 2014
> Time zone in use: GMT
> East of Greenwich Mean Time: 0:00:00
> Kernel clock mode: localtime
> usb loader starting...
> usb060.km
> Load kernel module: \c\MINT\1-19-CUR\USB\usb060.km
> p USB core API driver for FreeMiNT FreeMiNT DRIVERS q
> David Galvez 2010-2014.
> Alan Hourihane 2013-2014.
> Compiled Dec 4 2014.

> p USB mass storage class driver FreeMiNT DRIVERS q
> Ported, mixed and shaken by David Galvez.
> Atari partition support by Roger Burrows.
> SCSIDRV support by Alan Hourihane.
> Compiled Dec 4 2014.

> p Ethernat USB controller driver 0.1 q
> Ported, mixed and shaken by David Galvez.
> Compiled Dec 4 2014.
>
> usb loader: Fclose()
> usb loader: return
> INIT 'u:/c/mint/1-19-cur/xaaes/xaloader.prg' ''
> Setup complete, now booting the system… “

It looks like the installation is correct, loader.prg + usb060.km +
ethernat.ucd + storage.udd.

Was the device plugged when you run the loader?
When you plug a memory stick, does at least come an alert dialog from
XaAES with the name of the USB device?
How many different USB mass storage devices did you tried?

I'll send you a debug version of the modules to try to know what's failing.

My CT60 is out of order so I couldn't test the lastest changes in USB
sources with the EtherNAT. So it could be some regression.