Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT build broken (trunk)

On 28/02/15 12:09, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
> Am 28.02.2015, 09:16 Uhr, schrieb Alan Hourihane:
>
>>> Why don't you could just copy Makefile* from my branch? Much simpler.
>>>

>> It was copied from the usb code to make it similar. I didn't know you
>> had anything on your branch related to this.
>
> Oh, I thought you did because you build it every day ...

I don't manually build. It's all an automated script that runs each night.

>> Maybe think about merging your code to the trunk ?
>
> Actually I'm planing to merge the things missing in my branch from
> trunk, then we could merge my branch into trunk.

That'd be great.

> What holds me off to start with it:
>
> - fixes in my branch to do (could be postponed)

If you want to manually apply these to the trunk first, that's fine with
me. But apply them in a contained way and say what each one fixes rather
than commit a huge patch.

> - incompatibilities in branches (e.g. file-handles)

We have plans for the future on this, so I'm not sure it's a big issue
right now.

> - nearly no test-results from my branch

The sooner we get your new code to the trunk, the better.

> I'm afraid to end up in endless bug-fixing afterwards, and currently I
> can't concentrate much on MiNT anyway, but I'm possibly too anxious.
>
> I agree it's time to merge, actually.

Do you want me to help with the merge ?

Alan.