Re: [MiNT] Need help to resurrect a Falcon + CT60

Yes, but $home refers to a place on the live usb dist, which I couldn't find afterwards. Or so I guess.

Though I didn't write it in my previous post, I did try sudo dd if=/dev/sde of=/dev/sda7/Atari/recup.img conv=swab, but got an error message too.

I think I didn't do it the right way... maybe ought I have replaced /dev/sda7 by something like /meida/jean-luc/ ?

Testdisk has almost finished running, then I can see if I can retrieve my (precious) data or if I go and hang... then I try again with the Falcon disk.

Thx,

J.-Luc

> Message du 20/07/15 14:37
> De : "Miro Kropáček" <miro.kropacek@gmail.com>
> A : "Jean-Luc CECCOLI" <jean-luc.ceccoli@wanadoo.fr>
> Copie à : "Thorsten Otto" <halgara@yahoo.de>, "mint@lists.fishpool.fi" <mint@lists.fishpool.fi>
> Objet : Re: [MiNT] Need help to resurrect a Falcon + CT60

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 2:12 PM, Jean-Luc CECCOLI <jean-luc.ceccoli@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

I typed sudo dd if=/dev/sde of=/dev/sda7/Atari/ conv=swab, but only got a message telling no such file or directory.

> You got it nearly right -- you should have typed something like "sudo dd if=/dev/sde of=$HOME/atari.img conv=swab", i.e. write it to a file. /dev/sda7/Atari doesn't make sense -- sda7 is a partition, you can create directories on a filesystem only.

Always know what are you doing with tools like dd else you may end up with huge data losses!

--

MiKRO / Mystic Bytes