Re: [MiNT] XaAES: bug(s) in shel_write()

On ma., 2016-02-15 at 12:48 +0000, Thorsten Otto wrote:

> Because if you do a Pfork(), you will have two different
> MiNT-processes with the same GEM application id. Similarly, if you

No. If you fork, you have two MiNT-processes but only the parent has a
GEM apid. If you want to use the parent's apid from the child you really
have to know what you're doing :) If both processes needs to use GEM the
child should call appl_init and get it's own apid.

> The one thing I think is to do is that when tw-call is not involved
> the
> quote-characters appear at the callee. In this case I think XaAES
> should
> remove them.

The problem is - where is quoting documented? How is quoting defined?
The ARGV docs only mentions quoting when talking about empty parameters,
and that's some extension someone (not Atari) came up with later.

Jo Even