[Freemint-list] Printers

Peter Slegg p.slegg at scubadivers.co.uk
Tue Jun 7 12:24:52 MSD 2016

Hi,

I can't be the only person still using a printer, a Canon BJC-2000
and it is now getting quite old.

I mostly use it for simple documents from Papyrus but also for printing
internet travel docs and the like (zView and Netsurf print options would
be nice).

I for one could really use support for some more modern printers but
there are several hurdles.

1. Centronics/Parallel is dead. So that means either USB or network printers.

2. Drivers are problem, NVDI only supports ancient printers, I can't even
   find them on ebay ! So no chance of just replacing my printer with a
   supported one if it failed.

Did I see a port of CUPS somewhere, was it gentoo perhaps ?  Would this
help towards getting a modern printer working ?

Would a Bounty help ?

Regards,

Peter