[Freemint-list] Generic power-off functionality

Vincent Rivière vincent.riviere at freesbee.fr
Mon Jan 9 02:26:50 MSK 2017

On 08/01/2017 à 23:55, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
> I suggest that before MiNT access any power-off hardware directly, it
> looks for a cookie "cPSU", if available it calls the function pointed to
> by the cookie.

Good idea. A new cookie is a simple solution.
A new XBIOS function would also be a clean solution, but harder to override
from providers.

> Then it would be up to the provider of the hardware to provide the code
> that does the actual power-off.

Note that EmuTOS is already available to poweroff many hardware/emulators:
- FireBee
- ARAnyM
- Hatari (when NatFeats are enabled)
- WinUAE

So EmuTOS could easily provide the new cookie for that hardware. Then it
will automagically work from FreeMiNT.

--
Vincent Rivière